6th Grade Weekly Newsletter
November 11-15, 2019
Memory Verse: Group Scripture for Chapel
Math: Shapes and Designs – properties of polygons
Arts: Hanukkah celebration: Menorahs due Tues. Dec. 3, Gifts should be here by Dec. 2, Celebration begins Dec. 3. A letter was sent home last Thursday about the Menorahs and celebration (blue paper).
Shurley C. 16/ Test Nov. 21
Book: Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes
Science: Gym Elective Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Remember to bring gym clothing for Tuesday and Wednesday.
Social Studies: Western Europe Test Wednesday; Rough Draft Essay due Monday
Greek and Latin Roots: Lessons 1-3 Review
Bible: Godly Character Pages for J.C. and Dillan due next Wednesday.
Practicing our Christmas songs.
- Note about Hanukkah: The gifts the students get for each other should be small and Each student will buy 8 gifts (one for each day of Hanukah.) In the past students have brought candy, silly toys, socks, but the gifts have been equal. What I mean is a student shouldn’t buy dollar store items for every student and then give one gift to a student that is more than a dollar. They usually buy the same thing for each student. I have made a list of who each student gives a gift to on each day. It is important that they bring all their gifts on Dec. 2 because invariably one student gets sick, and it is nice to have their gift to hand out so no one is left out.
- I am not going to require your student to make a menorah. It will be optional. They will be singing the songs and giving the gifts, but he/she will not be lighting a menorah. We will celebrate with as many students who decide to participate. I hope this takes some pressure off those students who are feeling overwhelmed. THEY STILL NEED TO BRING IN THEIR EIGHT GIFTS.
|Monday 11th||Tuesday 12th||Wednesday 13th||Thursday 14th||Friday 15th|
|*Turn in pizza lunch forms||Pizza Lunch||*Prayer @ 8a.m.|
- Pizza lunch payment – You may prepay pizza lunch a month, quarter or year at a time, whatever is convenient for you. If you are paying weekly, please include your payment with your pizza order. Please MAKE PIZZA CHECKS OUT TO CYNDY KYM.
- Join Scott and Tracy Trotter for prayer for our school every Friday morning at 8a.m. Meet in the church foyer.
- Mark your Calendars:
- 22 Chapel @ 11:00/ Early Release
- 25-29 Thanksgiving Break
- 12 Christmas Program 12:00 & 6:30 p.m.
- 18 Christmas Parties/Early Release
- 19 – Jan. 5 Christmas Break
- 6 Return to School