September 17, 2018
Memory Verse: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His Mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness, oh Lord. Lamentations 3:22 & 23
Reading: A Promise to Remember
Math: adding 2’s, polygons, fractions, adding 10 to a number, story problems
English: subject noun, verb
Spelling: two closed syllables
__________________2nd Grade Info:_________________
Lunch help Thursday, Sept 20th 11:10-12:00/ Bennett~
- Book Reports are are coming home this Monday. Due the following Tues., Sept 25. We are going to do a shark research report, since we are studying about the ocean. Please help them print one page of facts from the internet to gather information. The forms will come home Monday in their folder.
- Fair Field Trip (this week): 1st-2nd Grade will be going to the fair on Thursday, Sept. 20. We will leave the school at 12:10 and leave the fair at @1:40 to return to CCS. We will return to the school by 1:55. Please dress for the weather that day and no warm ups in lunch please. The students may wear jeans or jean shorts, cowboy boots optional (hard soles okay for this day only), with a red uniform shirt please. No siblings please.
- Fair Field Trip Drivers: Pearson-Smith, Pernsteiner, Strehle, Henderson, Hohnsbehn, Bennett, Moser, Shawley…I may team some of you up with a group of kids instead of taking so many cars.
|Tuesday 18th||Wednesday 19th||Thursday 20th||Friday 21st|
|NO PIZZA LUNCH THIS WEEK
School pics up on Ridinger’s website
|Prayer @ 8a.m.
8th grade DC trip returns!
- The PURPLE youth size option is no longer available for Cow Plop t-shirts. All youth sizes will be in green.
- Drop off and pick up will be as normal starting Monday. However, if you see equipment in the parking lots we will go back to what we have been doing.
- School pictures: Individual images will be ready on Monday, (9/17). Go to ridingers.com and click on “CCS 2018”. We will email you with password instructions on Monday.
- CCS student artwork will be displayed during the Lewiston Downtown Artwalk at Gateway church on Friday, October 5 from 4:00 – 9:00.
Cirque “Pu” Soleil Cow Plop
Our annual Cow Plop Fundraiser takes place on Friday, October 26th from 4:30 – 6:00 at the Woodstock Barn. The Family Barn Dance will follow from 6:00 – 6:30. The cow plop includes concessions, a farmer’s market bake sale, kid’s carnival games, and of course the big event!
Please turn in the BLUE recording forms as you sell. The first reward day is Tuesday, September 25, for 20 squares sold or $80 donation.
Pizza lunch payment – You may prepay pizza lunch a month, quarter or year at a time, whatever is convenient for you. If you are paying weekly, please include your payment with your pizza order. Please MAKE PIZZA CHECKS OUT TO CYNDY KYM.
Join Scott and Tracy Trotter for prayer for our school every Friday morning at 8a.m. Meet in the church foyer.
Food Bank Chapel Fridays. Cornerstone will be helping the valley food banks this year. Every chapel day will also be Food Bank Fridays. We want to encourage our families to donate canned food items each month. We will have a bin marked for the food bank in the foyer.
Mark your Calendars:
Thurs., Sept. 27 @ 6:30 7th gr. Parent Only DC meeting
Friday, September 28 Chapel—11:00 Early Release Day/Food Bank Friday
Friday, October 5 Art Walk from 4:00 – 9:00 in downtown Lewiston.
October 1-5 Fall Break